Part 1 of How To Prep For Your Website was all about thinking. It was full of questions… Ah, so much to think about! Today we are going to get into the “doing” – exactly what you can do to prep for your new website:
- Start a “Secret” Pinterest board and name it “Website”.
- Research your competition on Google – Google your profession. Find some websites you love and pin a photo from the Home page. Be sure to comment on the pin saying what exactly it is that you love about it and why.
- Pin images and colors you love.
- Research the most effective way to capture people’s attention in your profession.
- Start writing your content in Word starting a new document for each page of your website.
- Share that Pinterest board with your designer.
Doing these things will give you a great start in communicating your dream website to your designer. Happy pinning!