You know the saying – “don’t judge a book by it’s cover”. I know we are all guilty of this! I do it all the time with businesses and their websites. If I see a bad website I automatically think the business isn’t going to be so great either.
One example I can think of is a restaurant website I visited a few years ago. It looked really bad. The menu was messed up; it was hard to find their contact info; there were no photos on the gallery page; and the photos on the other pages were strangely staggered and poor quality. I probably never would have eaten there had it not been for a friend who invited me and knew it was good.
Questions you may want to consider:
- As a small business owner, how do you think people judge your business when they see your website?
- Does it really convey who you are and what your business can do for them?
- Is it easy for them to contact you?
- Is it easy for them to find your hours if you’re business is brick and mortar?
- Are the photos of professional quality?
All of these things are very important because, like it or not, people will judge our businesses by our websites. If you think you may need some help with your WordPress website or you’d like a new site, please send me a message in the form at the bottom of this page.